Omigod You Guys, I’m Seriously, Positive that there is Blood in the Water in Ireland and that if you did the Bend and Snap and Take It Like A Man it would be So Much Better than drinking wine to help you get Whipped Into Shape, which is What You Want to get rid of that Chip on your Shoulder.
To all of you involved in Oshawa Little Theatre’s production of “Legally Blonde- the Musical”, that little paragraph right there took me 10 whole minutes to figure out. You’re welcome 🙂 What a totally, awesome, fun night, ya’ll! What energy, what volume, and lots and lots of bouncing.
I’ll start things off by ever so casually mentioning this woman who sings, dances, acts and wears pretty pink dresses and a blonde wig……….O.M.G!!!! Nicole Daniel killed it (brought it back to life and then killed it again!) as the ditzy Malibu Barbie turned eloquent law student, Ms. Elle Woods. This is a huge f*@#king sing. I would not want to do it ever. And she did it! Not only did she do it, but she did it with vivacity, style and in 3 inch heels. She’s a dear friend of mine and I could not have been more proud of the sensational performance she gave tonight.
Donna Lajeunesse is a freakin’ rock star. I mean, like, come on! She’s one of those people that when you watch her perform, you kinda start to hate her because she is SO AMAZING!!!! She plays the quirky, down-on-her-luck Paulette Buonofuonte and demands your full attention and devotion to her every sung note in her powerful rendition of “Ireland”.
Derik Gould is a like a good scotch: Better with age. He’s hot, manly and looks good in a suit. Everything I would want in a leading man to share the stage with. Oh and he just happens to have a beautiful voice and great bone structure. He plays Warner Huntington III with a great cocky attitude that works well off of both of his leading ladies.
- To Mary Soln for being the most perfect bitch (yes, I can say the B word in this blog) as Vivienne Kensington and rockin’ a pencil skirt like no one else can.
- To Chris Cullum for charming the lovely ladies in the audience as the intelligent, corduroy wearing Emmett Forrest.
- To Kyle Roberts & Nick Denis for providing the show with so much panache and élan as the hilarious gay & European couple, Carlos and Nikos Argitakos.
- To Rob Murphy, whose sexy Irish dancing legs stole the show in his role as Kyle B. O’Boyle.
- To Kayla Tripp as Margot. Here’s a young woman who knows how to take command of a stage. I could not stop watching her in every scene she was in. Brava!
A huge, like totally awesome, freakin’ amazing CONGRATULATIONS to the cast, crew & creative team of The Oshawa Little Theatre’s production of “Legally Blonde- the Musical”. It runs April 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22 @ 8:00pm and April 9 @ 2:00pm. This show is already 75% SOLD so please visit http://www.oshawalittletheatre.com or call 905-723-0282 to get your tickets FAST!
Photos by Raph Nogal Photography